At New Wind, we believe that great managers always keep learning, and with our expertise in management training and employee relations, each manager can master the skills to become an even better boss.
Our training services include the following:
- Training Seminars are aimed at managers, supervisors, and business owners. Learn practical skills that will help you become an even better boss. Learn More.
- Team Training is when we hold a training event specifically for your organization. Take your whole team through a customized course to sharpen their skills and improve teamwork. Learn More.
- Free Management Classes are held throughout the year, as the company’s founder (Eric) speaks at various public events. Most often these classes and presentations are free to the public. Learn More.
- Management Books written by our founder, Eric Lorenzen, cover practical topics faced by most managers. These books are available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other major retailers. Learn More.
Founder of New Wind and Senior Trainer
Eric is an author, publisher, and business consultant. He enjoys teaching and has had the privilege to train thousands of people on a variety of topics. He loves investing his time into others and takes great pleasure in witnessing that “aha” moment when a learner gets it.
Over the years, Eric has led numerous training events and seminars in cities throughout the Western USA. He has spoken in ballrooms packed with 100+ participants at a time, conducted product training classes for department teams, led management skill workshops, and has mentored dozens of managers in a one-on-one setting. He enjoys teaching, no matter the size of the audience.
Eric’s work experience is rather varied and includes being a college tutor and a nursery worker (plants not kids), but most of his work roles have been in management, training, and consulting. He has worked in retail store management, retail support management, publishing consulting, and small business consulting.
In 2008, he founded New Wind Business Solutions, a consulting company that works with businesses and nonprofits throughout Southern California. At New Wind the focus is on three areas: training great leaders, organizing offices, and developing effective marketing strategies. Eric still leads New Wind and is the company’s senior trainer and consultant.
Seminars for Managers, Supervisors, and Business Owners
Our New Wind Seminars cover a diverse range of topics, including:
- Employee Discipline and Motivation
- Wooing and Keeping Customers
- Managing Office Staff
- Creating Employee Policies
- Hiring and Training a Great Team
We offer leadership training classes throughout the year.
For a current list of management training seminars, please see our Manager Training Seminars page.
Team Training Seminars
Do you want us to take your whole leadership team through the same training as a group?
If so, then we can conduct training just for your organization. The seminar will be customized to your industry and your specific company. Have us equip your team so that they can excel at their jobs.
We train office staff, managers, supervisors, field staff, and retail teams.
Free Management Classes
Throughout the year, Eric Lorenzen conducts short seminars and presentations at various venues and organizations, such as service clubs, business groups, and chambers of commerce. These speaking engagements are often free to members or even to the public at large. Please see the Public Speaking page for more information on either attending such an event or hosting one.
Our founder, Eric Lorenzen, has written numerous books on practical skills needed to be a great manager, supervisor, or business owner. See our Resources page to learn more.